Skip to main content

The tragedy of pool math

11-23-16

Okay. Why is math so hard? Especially in the pool. I think I'm so focused on trying to do a 100 little things that simple addition is forgotten... or possibly that I never really conquered my times tables. Eh, that's why God gave us calculators. But I digress.

So yesterday, remember how I did my math wrong? Well, I did it wrong again today. Here's the muthalovin picture that keeps messing with my head.


It says "one length is 25 yards" but one lap is 50 yards... Who knows what I did in my head but I said ohhh, okay, I can only count the wall I leave. Does that make sense? Like, I can't count both walls basically. So I saw that I need to do 16 lengths. Great okay, so I did that by only counting one wall. 

Lord have mercy I was tired by the time I did it but it took me forever. As I was getting it done I kept looking at the clock and thinking, damn people are going to be finished with this race before I get out of the freakin water!! But I was so proud I did 400 yards!

Then I looked at this stupid picture again... Apparently I did 800 Yards, thinking it was only 400... 


Ahh well...

My bike is finally ready so I think tomorrow morning I am going to do a BRICK workout (bike/run). I want to take the bike out for a Thanksgiving spin and I'll finish up by running 2 miles. 

I know how to have a good time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ragnar Texas Recap!

4-10-17 Y'all may faintly remember that I did the Texas Ragnar; running from Batrop to Luckenbach with 11 other women in a single van. Van trip down We stayed the night in a roach-coach in Bastrop and while I slept like a log, 2 of the girls in our group did not sleep a second. Something about me having to kill roaches in the room really freaks some people out. That 4am wake up call came early. Our start time was at 5:45am, but naturally we had to be there an hour before hand to get "prepped" and to hear the safety stuff. I was runner #2 *heh*, so I received the slap bracelet (baton) around 6:30am and took off on my first leg.  Leg 1: 4.20 miles Actual distance/time: 4.5 miles in 48 minutes (10:38 pace) It was beautiful and now I wish I'd taken a few photos. I ran as the sun was coming up and through fields of wild flowers. There was mist covering the pastures and scenic bridges and cattle abounding.   I was fine with this because I star...

Chewy Necklaces

5/7/17 Made a few of those chewy necklaces I talked about last time! Super easy to make and a great way to kill time!  We had a party for one of the brothers on Friday and here's a picture of me with my sister in law.  She's 6 weeks ahead of me sooooo... 24-ish weeks? Raz's candidate won his race! So he's napping until church today and I'm sitting around trying to figure out ways to make more $$! I'm frustrated by my lack of OT work, but know that it's all in God's hands. He's provided so much for us and this is how I am learning to lean on and trust Him for everything.

Crampy Cramps

4/21/17 I was able to add in freestyle strokes to my swim the other day and while I was not blazing fast (keep your surprise to yourself, please), I completed my mile in 54 minutes, instead of 58. I'll take the improvement!  It felt good to move like that again. Yesterday I woke up exhausted and instead of biking/swimming, I went for a long walk at lunch time and did some yoga. In the evening I was loading the dishwasher and had an uncomfortable sensation in my low abdomen and lower back. Not necessarily pain, but dull and achy. This happened on and off until the time I went to sleep. I texted the midwife about it and she encouraged me to drink more water and said we would test for a UTI, just in case. Slept great through the night, but started having the same crampy pains after being awake for an hour or so. I had planned on going swimming but the midwife encouraged me to take it easy until our appointment later today, just to make sure everything was 'normal'. N...